Buy good gear and only cry once.
In the Canvas Tents and Wood Stoves course, we go camping in the old style with canvas tents and wood stoves. We go out with the intention to live in harmony with the natural environment without sacrificing comfort and warmth.
The course will cover the following topics:
- Caring For a Canvas Tent
- Waterproofing a Canvas Tent
- Repairing Canvas
- Setting Up Of Various Designs
- Protecting a Canvas Tent Using a Basher or Fly
- Safe Operation of A Wood Stove
- Axe and Bucksaw Safety
- Splitting Fire Wood
- Classic Lamp Lighting and Maintenance
- Building Work Tables
- Creating a Camp Kitchen
- Strategic Camp Hygiene
- You must be over 18 years of age to attend this course unaccompanied.
- Anyone under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult. Each place booked is for one person only, so each course attendee must have their own booking.
- This course is not suitable for young people under the age of sixteen.
CTWS 11/24/19 • Canvas Tents and Wood Stoves (3 Days, 2 Nights) • West Kootenay Campus • $590.00
Course Dates: Sunday, November 24, 2019 to Friday, November 29, 2019
- Start Time: 4:30 pm on Sunday, November 24, 2019
- End Time: 3:00 pm on Friday, November 29, 2019
Registration Deadline: Sunday, November 10, 2019 at 6:00 pm
Location: Timeless Journey® West Kootenay Campus near Winlaw, BC, Canada
- Bushcraft Instructor: Andrew Crawford- White
- Assistant Bushcraft Instructor: Jim Adams