Physical Requirement: You Must Be Able to Swim 15m in a Life Jacket PFD
- You must be over 18 years of age to attend this course unaccompanied.
- Anyone under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- This course is not suitable for young people under the age of twelve.
- Each place booked is for one boat only. However, individuals, couples or small groups of three may work together on a boat. If you are planning to enroll as a team, please contact the Head Office so we can send you an appropriate booking package.
During the day, we will provide fresh fruit, cookies, drinking water, tea and coffee.
Participants must bring their own bag lunch and any personal snacks. We will take two, 15 minute Coffee Breaks and one, 30 minute Lunch Break during the course of the day. Please plan ahead and arrive fully prepared, as the nearest stores may not be attainable.
You are welcome to make or buy your own gear. Although we would like to encourage you to be as self-reliant as possible, all gear used by students in the course must meet the safety standards of the Quartermaster. In some cases, it may be wise to contact the Quartermaster if you have any questions or doubts about gear crafting projects you would like to undertake in preparation or if you would like to make substitutions to the items listed on the DIY Birch Bark Canoe Workshop Kit List.
Course Schedules and Specifications:
The DIY Birch Bark Canoe Workshop is offered several times a year, in different conditions, seasons and locations in Canada. Check the list below and read the specifications carefully to make sure that you are signing up for the right course.
BBCW 10/26/19 • DIY Birch Bark Canoe Workshop (14 Days) • TBA • $4250.00
Course Dates: Saturday, October 26, 2019 to Saturday, November 9, 2019
- Start Time: 9:00 am on Saturday, October 26, 2019
- End Time: 5:00 pm on Saturday, November 9, 2019
Registration Deadline: Saturday, October 12, at 6:00 pm
- Bushcraft Instructor: Leo Stephens
- Assistant Bushcraft Instructor: Jim Adams