A Part-Time Office Administration Assistant is a part-time, seasonal position beginning June 15, 2020 and terminating August 15, 2020.
We run an innovative, environmentally conscious outdoor, nature-based Summer Day Camp program. As Part-Time Office Administration Assistant, you will assume the duty of clerical and administrative support in order to optimize workflow procedures in the office.
You will assist the Directors and staff by supporting them with planning and distributing information. You will be the point of reference for all queries and will be an integral part of the team.
The essential duties and responsibilities of the position are:
- Answer business phone calls and reply to messages in a timely manner
- Manage the Director’s daily/weekly/monthly agenda and arrange new meetings and appointments
- Prepare and disseminate correspondence, memos and forms
- File and update contact information of employees, customers, suppliers and external partners
- Support and facilitate the completion of regular reports
- Develop and maintain a filing system
- Check frequently the levels of office supplies and place appropriate orders
- Document expenses
You will be asked to work at the Head Office 8.5 hours/day, 1 day per week (Fridays would be preferable). Part-time Office Administration Assistants are accountable directly to Timeless Journey Director, Carmen Lazzarotto.
You will be asked to complete a Personal Development Plan that will help define your interests and goals. We will try our best to find a balance between the needs of the business and your vision of your personal growth within the company.
We feel that the Part-Time Office Administration Assistant position requires the following skills:
- Proven work experience as a secretary or administrative assistant
- Familiarity with office organization and optimization techniques
- High degree of multi-tasking and time management capability
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Integrity and professionalism
- Proficiency in MS Office including Excel
- Familiarity with posting material on Social Media Platforms like Instagram, Facebook
- High school diploma
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
The physical demands of the job are as follows:
- Typing, writing, reading
- Seeing, hearing and speaking
- Frequent sitting
- Possibly simple videography or photography
You will be asked to show Government ID or proof of your identity. You will need to provide a Criminal Record Check and Protected Sector Search. You will need to present your Social Insurance Number.
- Must be at least 19 years of age
- Valid BC Drivers License (Class 5) or “N” (Preferred)
- Standard First Aid OHS Level 1 (Minimum)
- Experience delivering top-notch customer service.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years of work experience
We are currently looking for staff with lifeguarding and swimming instructor training. Please mention if you have any such experiences or whether you would be willing/able to train for these certifications.
- Part-Time Office Administration Assistants receive a salary of $15/hour (Paid Bi-Monthly)
Opportunities for Advancement Within the Company:
We are eager to expand our operations. We hope to grow the Part-Time Office Administration Assistant position into a full-time position over the next year.